Seal Your Leaking Shower
What is Shower Plug?
Shower Plug is a clear, brush-on liquid that waterproofs tiles, grout and masonry.It is ideal for:
- Fixing and preventing leaks through tiles and grout
- Preventing mould growth
- Preventing efflorescence
- Making tiles and grout easier to clean.
Shower Plug is 100% UV resistant and can be used outdoors to waterproof balconies, driveways and building facades.
The Shower Waterproofing Solution
Leaks occur when water seeps through porous tiles and grout, whether they are cracked or not.
Fixing that problem is simple: brush Shower Plug on and the surface becomes waterproof, ready to use in 12 hours, and will remain that way for over ten years. Shower Plug will not change the surface appearance or its texture.
You can waterproof any masonry surface with Shower Plug. Once treated, the surface will then repel water, protecting it from all forms of water damage. This includes: efflorescence, mould, algae, discolouration, erosion and concrete cancer.
How long does Shower Plug last?
When brushed on, Shower Plug penetrates the substrate and chemically bonds. Within 18 hours, it forms an invisible, hydrophobic barrier that lasts for up to ten years. Instead of soaking in, water beads and runs off, instead of seeping through the surface.
The Leader in Penetrating Sealers
DIY Bathroom Sealant Application Process
How to fix a leaking shower without removing tiles in 3 steps.
Watch the DIY Guide
We demonstrate how to apply Shower Plug to fix a leaking shower.
1. Preparation: repair
- First of all, if there are any cracks in the tiles and grout greater than a hairline, they must be repaired using regular superfine grout.
- Allow the repair grout to dry for 24 hours.
- Any cracks less than a hairline will be sealed by Shower Plug alone.
- Clean any mould using bleach.
2. Application of Shower Plug: the two-coat process
- Apply an even coat of Shower Plug covering the entire surface area, starting on the walls.* Wait 5 mins and then repeat this process.
- Wait another 5 mins and then wipe away any excess.
- Using a natural-bristle brush, apply one coat covering all surface area evenly with a layer of Shower Plug.
- Wait five minutes and repeat.
- Wait five minutes and then wipe away any excess.
A tip for vertical surfaces:
*A tip for vertical surfaces:
Begin the two-coat process at the top of the wall and work down to the floor. Complete the walls first and then begin the two-coat process on the floor.
3. After application of Shower Plug
Finally, after applying Shower Plug, it is recommended to apply a silicone strip between the wall and floor joint. This is because building movement is known to cause cracking in the joints.
For more information, our blog has a detailed step-by-step guide on shower waterproofing and how to repair your leaking shower.
Purchase Shower Plug now
Seal your masonry surfaces without having to remove them with Shower Plug. Easily purchase now through our website or head to your local Bunnings warehouse.
Handling and Storage
Follow good industrial hygiene procedures. Vapour inhalation and skin or eye contact should be avoided. Therefore, we recommend the use of gloves, goggles and an air filter mask when applying Shower Plug. Wash hands after handling. Store in a closed container in a cool dry, place away from any fire and ignition sources. Shower Plug has a shelf life of up to five years in a sealed container under 25°C.