Stain-Resistant Masonry Sealer
Resistain – brushed on in two coats, stain-resistant for 15 years.
Resistain is a stain-resistant penetrating sealer for masonry materials.It is a highly-advanced solvent that penetrates into masonry surfaces and renders them oil- and water-repellent. Resistain is optimised for use on all types of masonry surfaces, both indoors and outdoors, to reduce all forms of surface degradation.
Resistain is one of the best concrete sealer that penetrates into concrete floor and provide a waterproofing coating.
Resistain provides excellent, hard-wearing resistance against staining liquids including oil, juice, coffee, ink and wine, whilst also protecting the treated surface from the effects of water exposure, including:
Resistain is ideal for permeable building materials, such as:
Why Choose Resistain?
Resistain’s application process is simple and ideal for both DIY users and tradesmen alike. To ensure best results with Resistain, we’ve put together detailed DIY guides below:
Video: How to DIY Seal and Protect Sandstone Using Resistain
We demonstrate the Resistain application process using a brush and spray to protect a porous sandstone feature.
Video: How to DIY Seal and Protect a Concrete Driveway with Resistain
We demonstrate how to easily apply Resistain using a roller to waterproof and seal a concrete driveway area.
You Will Need
Preparation: Clean and repair the surface
The surface to be treated should be dry, firm and free from grime, oil and any previous coatings/sealers. All cracks should be filled and allowed to cure before application.
Application: Apply Resistain
- Use a low pressure spray or brush to evenly coat the surface with Resistain. The initial treated surface should have a mirror-like wet film appearance.
- After the first coat is absorbed by the surface or the surface becomes touch dry, apply the second coat.
- After ten minutes, wipe up any liquid that remains on the surface to ensure an even finish.
Two coats are enough for general substrates but more coatings may be required for very porous substrates.
The initial surface oil and water repellency will develop after the surface is completely dry. Full curing may take 24 hours or more. Avoid heavy traffic for 24 hours. The equipment can be washed in isopropanol or mineral turpentine.
- Do not apply if adverse weather conditions are expected.
- A test prior to application is strongly recommended to assess the suitability of the product to the purpose.
- For smooth/polished surfaces, it may be necessary to polish the surface with a clean and white cloth to remove excess sealer residue to reveal the original surface finish. This may be done after surface becomes touch dry or within a few hours after application.
- Moistening the cloth with Resistain may help to ease the polishing.
Handling and Storage
Resistain is a hazardous and flammable material. Vapour inhalation and skin or eye contact should be avoided. Wear an air-purifying respirator if there is a risk of exposure to high vapour concentrations. Wash hands after handling.
The product has a shelf life of 12 months in sealed containers under 25ºC. However, the product is best used within 7 days after opening. Do not contaminate the product with water or any form of moisture or material via brush.
Product should be stored in a cool dry place away from fire or ignition sources.
Use with sufficient ventilation away from fire or ignition sources.
Keep out of reach of children.
Purchase Resistain online now
Resistain is available in 1, 5, 20 and 200 litre metal drums. Check concrete sealer price on our website & purchase your stain proof sealer now.