Brushed on in 10 minutes, stain-resistant for 15 years.
Resistain is a stain-resistant sealer for masonry materials.
Resistain is an alcohol-based solvent that penetrates into masonry surfaces and renders them oil and water repellent.
This provides excellent, hard-wearing resistance against staining liquids including oil, juice, coffee, ink and wine. Resistain also protects the treated surface from the effects of water exposure, including: efflorescence, erosion, mould and algae growth. Resistain will also make the surface less friable. The treatment will not significantly change the appearance and vapour permeability of the masonry.
Resistain is ideal for permeable building materials, such as:
Why Choose Resistain?
Resistain’s application process is simple and ideal for both DIY users and tradesmen alike. To ensure best results with Resistain, we’ve put together a detailed DIY guide below
DIY Application Process
How to prevent oil, water, grease, ink and other liquid stains on stone and tiled surfaces.
You Will Need
Clean and repair the surface
The surface to be treated should be dry, firm and free from grime, oil and any previous coatings/sealers. All cracks should be filled and allowed to cure before application.
- Use a low pressure spray or brush to evenly coat the surface with Resistain.
- The initial treated surface should have a mirror-like wet film appearance.
- After the first coat is absorbed by the surface or the surface becomes touch dry, apply the second coat.
- After ten minutes, wipe up any liquid that remains on the surface to ensure an even finish.
Two coats are enough for general substrates but more coatings may be required for very porous substrates.
The initial surface oil and water repellence will develop after the surface is completely dry. Full curing may take 24 hours or more. Avoid heavy traffic for 24 hours. The equipment can be washed in isopropanol or mineral turpentine.
- Do not apply if adverse weather conditions are expected.
- A test prior to application is strongly recommended to assess the suitability of the product to the purpose.
- For smooth/polished surfaces, it may be necessary to polish the surface with a clean and white cloth to remove excess sealer residue to reveal the original surface finish. This may be done after surface becomes touch dry or within a few hours after application. Moistening the cloth with Resistain may help to ease the polishing.
Handling and Storage
Resistain is a hazardous and flammable material. Vapour inhalation and skin or eye contact should be avoided. Wear an air-purifying respirator if there is a risk of exposure to high vapour concentrations. Wash hands after handling. The product has a shelf life of 12 months in sealed containers under 25ºC. However, the product is best used within 7 days after opening. Never contaminate the product with water or any form of moisture.
Product should be stored in a cool dry place away from fire or ignition sources.
Use with sufficient ventilation away from fire or ignition sources.
Keep out of reach of children.
Resistain is available in 1, 5, 20 and 200 litre metal drums.